Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Red, red wine

I'm in a red wine rut.

So, kind readers, please help me out. I would greatly appreciate if you'd leave the name of the vineyard, varietal and (if possible) vintage of your favorite red wine in the "comments" section below.

If you want to play wine snob and describe the experience using references to "cat urine," "tobacco" and "licorice," go for it.

I'll take your list with me next time I'm at Trader Joe's or Binny's.

When I try the wine you suggest, I'll let you know what I think via this blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Abba,
I went to a restaurant tonight and said "give me a glass of red wine - I don't care what kind, just not super expensive." So, I'm not the best person to comment on wines. BUT, I do like the Big House Red: (I just tried to paste a picture of the label, but it wouldn't let me). It's a screw top cap - but still very good wine. I also like another kind - a Cabernet Sav(however you spell it) - but only know it by the label and where it is at the store. That's all for now, if I come up with any others I'll let you know.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Thanks, Amy! My problem is that my favorite red (Foppiano Petite Sirah) runs about $23 a bottle. Definitely not a once-a-week wine. And, thanks to Meckhead, I'm a fan of the Jaboulet Cotes du Rhone Parallèle 45. So anything in the $10 or less price point is great!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Bought some "Big House Red" at TJ's yesterday. I think it was about $8.90 with an orange label. Y'all might have to wait for the review, as Silly Misanthrope seems rather skeptical about the screw-top cap.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home