Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Monday, March 12, 2007

Polka party!

Friday night, Silly Misanthrope and I made the trip to Milwaukee to celebrate Amy's 30th birthday.

What a party! Amy had wisely selected Lakefront Brewery as the place to gather. Despite getting lost on the way, we arrived early and were able to sample some of the microbrew before the 7:00 tour.

The tour started with two 8-ounce glasses of beer, which on top of the pint I'd had at the bar made me quite tipsy. I was able to pay attention for the first half of the tour, but by the halfway point I'm pretty sure I was just being silly with Meckhead and Silly Misanthrope. I seem to remember some withering glances from Meckhead's husband, but I might have imagined those.

The rest of the tour is a blur — something about a bunghole, an environmentalist and a glove on a bottle of beer. I'm pretty sure Silly Misanthrope was laughing at my state of inebriation. Actually, I'm not sure he's witnessed me drunk before.

There was the opportunity for more beer at the end of the tour, something I did not take advantage of. But everyone else did, and shortly thereafter we were able to go upstairs for the fish fry and polka.

Silly Misanthrope, despite being an avowed non-dancer and polka virgin, danced with me. And Amy. And Meckhead. And some random drunken pretty woman who stuffed a dollar-bill down his shirt and demanded he polka with her. (I would have liked to have seen it, although I was in the bathroom at the time.)

So, cheers to Amy for a fabulous 30th!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my defense I would like to say that I was quite sacred to dance with the random pretty drunk girl . . . I had no idea what has happening, one minute I'm poking by myself and the next I'm mobbed by the young pretty girls from the next table and there were dollar bills going down my shirt and and . . . I think I’ll have nightmares . . . Gurrr . . . people . . . even pretty people . .. The beer was good and the fish was alright . . .

Silly M.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

How does one polka with oneself? Wow. I was sad to have missed the dollar-bill incident. Now I'm disappointed I missed the solo polka.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm sorry I missed the whole thing too. Was that the same party that brought the pitcher of beer over? That I thought was actually from the waitress because she had just gone to see if we would get a free beer for birthday celebrations?

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, the free beer came from another table. I almost went and tried to get the guy's number for Amy, but I think he was with someone. The accosting girls had left by that time. And I always thought hat being accosted by a large group of pretty girls would be a dream come true . . . nope guess not.

Silly M

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home