Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gmail ads

Okay, so the targeted ads thing in Gmail is a bit creepy.

I'm getting ads for "Mononucleosis Treatment" (which, admittedly, is great product placement, given that I was diagnosed on Monday) and "Romantic Wedding in Italy" (not-so-great product placement … hello, I have mono … the last thing I want right now is to think about romance or travel … let alone a wedding).

From an advertisers' perspective, though, those targeted ads totally hit the mark based on the words I used in my most recent email to Silly Misanthrope which a) informed him I have mono and he should watch for symptoms and b) told him how I feel about him.

I think I got mono from the intern. Not like that, though. Coughs, sneezes, whatever. She's the only person I know who's had it recently.

Thankfully, I'm not spreading it at the moment, since my doctor has me home from work and Silly M is off hiking 150 miles of the Appalachian Trail with a friend. I'm a bit freaked out that I might have got him sick, and would feel awful if I a) put him in danger or b) ruined his vacation.

Hoping to hear from him soon, and have my fingers crossed that he's already immune to Epstein-Barr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home