Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Scared

There was stuff I was going to blog about regarding this past weekend's backpacking trip. (Lowlights: Stoner kids dropping office chairs off four-story observation tower; Negligent pet owners taking their dogs out in 80-degree heat without sufficient water.)

But at 8:30 tonight I got a call from my mom to tell me that my dad's in the hospital. He had tingly chest pains over the weekend and again this morning when he went out for a walk, and they admitted him so they can do some bloodwork and have the cardiologist (who won't be in until tomorrow) decide whether he should have a stress-test or a diagnostic cardiac catheterization.

So far test results are coming back okay. I'm still a bit shaken by the news.

With an 86-year-old grandmother and a 20-year-old family cat with kidney failure, I really didn't expect any emergency phone call to be about my dad.

I called him at the hospital and we talked for an hour. I feel a bit better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Abba,
Prayers all around. And, if you'd ever want any presence - just give me a call.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

More prayers here. Keep us updated on how your dad's doing, ok?

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got the same call about Matt's dad a few weeks ago. So far, so good on the tests, but we've been sending out major good vibes. We'll start directing some your dad's way.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home