Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Good morning ...

I love Saturday mornings, especially when I haven't had one at home in a few weeks. I'm finally over my head cold, and relishing the ability to smell again.

For breakfast, I christened my new Slytherin-green made-in-England Chatsford teapot (a Christmas gift from Meckhead) with the loose leaf vanilla tea she bought me. It smells wonderful and tastes delightful.

I made maple syrup breakfast sausage this morning, because when I went to the grocery yesterday they were out of regular sausage. I didn't find the flavor very different, but - on returning to my apartment after running to the post office, bank, convenience store and dry cleaners - discovered that it smelled of maple syrup and not greasy meat. That's something.

While running errands Friday night, I discovered The Body Shop has not (as I'd feared) discontinued one of its hair products: beeswax Texturizing Wax. I haven't used it since attending last summer's Parliament of the World's Religions in Barcelona, Spain. When I opened the jar and took a sniff, I was immediately transported to my Mediterranean Seaside hotel, and flooded with memories of that life-changing week.

Speaking of which, one of the new employees at my office used to work for the Parliament. It was a treat to stand at the coffee pot and speak to him, yesterday, about last summer's gathering.

In other news, I finally have the email address for simpatico guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Hi Abba,
What's texturing wax? To me it sounds like it would be painful in delicate places. How is the beta process coming along???

7:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Abba - I love that with this title I get a friendly greeting in the morning when I log in - so Good Morning to you too!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Kella said...

I've been meaning to say something sooner, but I've loved your last two posts. Great food for thought. Loving, lyrical and so-Amber. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with simpatico guy. I think about commenting more than I do...

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home