Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Sunday, July 18, 2004

"See you later …"

"See you later," he said, as he left to catch the el, where his fiancee was waiting.

See you later, indeed. Goodbye was impossible. After sharing such an incredible experience, I couldn't believe we'd never see each other again.

We had an easy rapport. His smile radiant and my shyness overcome by the click of the camera. Instant friends, confidantes.

My colleagues gave me secret smiles over his shoulder when we spoke, accused me of adding him to my "little black book."

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I'll admit an attraction on my part, yes. But to quote a brilliant movie: "I don't have a lot of hangups, but monogamy is one of them."

Speaking of attratction, before I left for Spain, I had a chaperoned lunch with someone as the result of a weird workplace triangulation.

A very attractive, simpatico guy with a book in hand every time I've seen him. Not to mention an outdoorsy aura, sweet-but-sexy demeanor, nifty tattoos and (the clincher!) ponytail.

I missed my chance to give him my email address. I got all tongue-tied (really now, "mosquito"?) and cowardly. Resorted to (gasp!) shaking his hand and wishing him safe travels.

Ah, if only I'd been braver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home