Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, May 22, 2004

What's blog?

Hey, Bryan, that's for you! Last night was kebabs with spackle-sauce, sweet corn and Rummikub (with sound effects). We watched the technical category awards, but we didn't see Monika on the Daytime Emmys.

Oh, wait: I forgot something:

(Today's workout accompaniment: NPR's Saturday programming)

I'm counting scouring and vacuuming my apartment as today's workout.

I've lived in this airy, light-filled, funky apartment for almost three years. I've never rearranged the living room furniture. I have a beautiful new kitchen table arriving shortly (courtesy of Grandma), so I decided to mix things up … and then discovered the arrangement of my bar, bookshelves, couch and endtables cannot be improved.

Grandma was an artist. The painting of hers that I chose fits beautifully in my dining area, right above where her table will go. It's a pale pink dogwood against green foliage and set in an elliptical gold frame.

There are new photos from my March trip to Sedona, ready for display in the living room.

And a pile of books for my seminary class to read once the apartment is clean.

I have to give up my addiction to Harry Potter fan fiction for at least a month, or until I have these books read for class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home