Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Hello, E.J.!

(Tonight's workout CD: Putumayo's Arabic Groove)

Tonight I got to meet the new son of my friends Liz and Leslie. His name is Evan. He's such a sweetie, and so mild-mannered. We spent two hours lounging in the park, looking at tree leaves and watching high schoolers at soccer practice.

I wish I could have spent the whole evening there. Alas, I was responsible and went to the gym.

I saw my doctor yesterday. My last scheduled visit was one of the factors that made me start my exercise routine. My doctor was impressed with my progress so far, but she was concerned that my blood pressure had spiked since my last visit. She asked if I'd been under any undue stress lately. I asked whether she'd consider a two-week overseas trip, ending an unhealthy relationship and the illness and death of my grandmother "undue stress."

She told me to try to relax and have my blood pressure checked again in a week.

I hadn't really put the pieces together, but the elevated blood pressure is pretty much coincident with the tension headaches I've been having for the last three weeks.

My friend Lorel says I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I guess that's true. So we'll just wait and see …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home