Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

The In-Between …

I'm back home and at work this week, since Grandma's funeral isn't until this Saturday. It's a weird sort of in-between, having grieved her this past weekend when we got the news (my folks and I had a couple drinks and laughed and cried and told stories), and waiting for the "formal" grieving of the funeral.

There's a lot of normal stuff going in the meantime. Work, planning English lessons, running mundane errands and the like. At first, I felt like I didn't seem appropriately distraught at work. I felt my co-workers expected me to be more, well, sad. And I am. I'm sad she's no longer here. But I'm also happy that she's a legacy to us and that we're celebrating her life this weekend.

In the meantime, my very cool friend Janelle invited me for dinner tomorrow night, before I teach English class. It made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home