Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Had tapas for dinner …

and two glasses of sangria. Crab cakes and mushrooms do not dinner make. Off to raid the fridge.

But before I go …

Has anyone seen "Return to me," that movie with David Duchovny and Minnie Driver? This will wreck the bad-ass image I'm trying so hard to cultivate, but it's one of my favorite movies. I could watch it every week and not tire of it, despite the fact that the plot is completely predictable.

Anyhow, remember the scene with "water lady" Marcia? I have this shirt that I've come to realize is exactly like the one she wears on her date with Bob (David Duchovny). Every time I wear it, I look in the mirror and think: "I'm water lady!" and look for something to put on over it because I can't live with the image.

If whomever I date has unreasonable expectations to live up to, they're from that movie: successful, single, attractive, patient, emotionally grounded Chicagoan wins the heart of free-spirited artist. Whoever you are, future boyfriend, don't worry. Just take me for ice cream in Grant Park or to the Twin Anchors for dinner and we'll be off to a great start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home