Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Where's Donnie?

Traffic lights reflect off the shiny black streets, creating streaks of red and green like the aurora borealis.

Driving home, XRT blessed me with Radiohead's "Creep" followed immediately by Gary Jules' "Mad World" (from the Donnie Darko soundtrack)

A gorgeous soundtrack for a humid, rainy night.

I want to paint, write or read. But the apartment's a mess from seven sequential weekends out of town. Receipts, plane-ticket stubs, unfilled photo frames, and things packed and unpacked are flotsam and jetsam around the moored furniture. It slows me down, like resistance.

I could just create, pay no mind to the mess.

No, first I'll clean, then create. I'll save irresponsibility and neglected housework for when I next fall in love, when I need days to swoon and dream and let the mess collect around me. Until then, I shall live a neatly ordered life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home