Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Monday, May 17, 2004

Fast-forward*

(Tonight's workout CD: Suede Chain: Ripplemark)

Sometime in late March, my life sped up.

I spent seven consecutive weekends away from home.

This past weekend was my first since before I'd left for Germany to do errands, clean my apartment and take care of other household chores. I had a pile of ironing, groceries to restock, winter sweaters to pack away for the summer.

Did I do everything on my list? No. I accomplished a lot. I also took a nap, caught up with some friends and took care of myself.

I'm still exhausted. And I'm sad, because the weight of everything that's happened recently is catching up with me. But never fear, I'm starting a seminary class this Wednesday, so soon I won't have time to think, again.


* For any Gen-Y or younger readers: Fast-forward was the way we old folks used to advance to the next song on our cassette tapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home