Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Demo days, part 2

Finally found a dealer who would let me demo a manual transmission Honda Fit. This was dealer number three. Dealer number one (see previous post) completely ignored me. Dealer number two refused to let me demo a manual, said only an automatic was available for test drives.

Dealer number three actually let me sit behind the wheel of the car I was interested in. Then I got to drive it. It really felt good. Drives just as sportily as my (former) 13-year-old Honda Civic del sol, but without the clunking and creaking and terrible fear of something falling off.

I bought it and drove it home today, despite getting screwed on my aforementioned trade-in.

I paid more than I should have, but felt slightly vindicated when a family came in and offered to pay $500 above sticker price if they could have the car I'd just bought.

I've heard that dealerships in California and Florida are adding a $1500 "limited availability fee" to the sticker price.

Whew! Good timing. Got it in silver.

And that was before seeing this promo photo. Apparently, Death Eaters and Dementors prefer the Fit as well. (See photo below.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Congratulations! And good timing. I'll soon be involved in the purchasing vehicle game. I'll be tapping you for some advice.

Maybe I can ride in your new "Fit" in a couple of weeks?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Heto said...

Congrats! Enjoy your shiny new car! If you lived in Ohio, I'd try to sell you some insurance for it :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Amused, of course you can go for a ride in (two!) weeks. Tap away! My first piece of advice is to see whether there's a credit union you can join, becuase I got pre-approved at an absurdly low rate through mine.

Heto, I would buy insurance from you if I lived in Ohio. But I have a really good agent here.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us know if it really "is go."
Also, let us know what that means.

6:05 PM  
Blogger BriGuy said...

That's great! Congratulations! I hope it's a perfect Fit. :-) (ba-dam-ching!)

Sorry.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home