Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mini-sabbatical day four: Rest, gym, tea & personal Web site.

Since staying up late again to work on my personal Web site last night, I slept in again today. I woke up at about 10:00. I had breakfast, went to the gym and then came home to rest some more.

At 3:00 I went to the library to research some magazines for which I might like to work in the future. I'm not currently planning to leave my job, but it's a very uncertain environment, and it's always best to be prepared.

I'd forgotten how much I love the library. There's something about being surrounded by vast amounts of information that makes one feel both humbled and empowered. And rather proud of a system that lets anyone, no matter their income, have access to that information.

And there's something about the quiet of a library that's charged with the electricity of synapses firing.

I'm definitely going back tomorrow.

At four o'clock it was off to tea with Sharan, her parents and sister-in-law. I got to meet her beautiful new baby! What a sweetie ...

Then I went off to the mall to attempt to find the very last piece of my Halloween costume. I'm going to Austin for Halloween. Kathy, Foster, Ron and I are dressing as the Scooby Doo gang. I'm (no surprise) Velma.

But I can't for the life of me find knee-high orange socks. I've been to every department and discount store in Chicagoland, it seems.

Oh, well.

I'm one page away from finishing my personal Web site. Woo hoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heto said...

My friend (a guy, no less) went as Velma for Halloween while we were in college... he couldn't find orange knee socks either, so he just made his own with some tube socks and a can of orange spray paint! Not the coolest option, but an option nonetheless.

And I am a firm believer in the restorative power of the library. All those books! All that knowledge! Gives me shivers just thinking about it :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

All I've got to say is AWESOME! Austin at Halloween - have a blast!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

I finally found the socks, Heto! I went to the local soccer supply store ... they had soccer socks in orange!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home