Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Friday, October 14, 2005

The mini-sabbatical begins

This has been a horrible year at work. I've been doing the work of two people (for the compensation of one) and have a schedule that precludes me from taking vacation (or being ill) two weeks out of any given month.

So I'm taking the next week off of work, which falls between the two weeks I'm required to be in. I have told my colleagues I'll be unreachable. I've put an out-of-office reply on my email and voicemail. I've trained another colleague to back-up the essentials. I've told my colleagues I won't be checking my messages.

And now, I'm officially away for a week. It feels good.

Since I've neglected most of my creative projects this year, the next week is devoted to painting, screenprinting, work on my personal Web site and writing. Oh, and I'm going to the gym, too, since that gives me energy and helps me to focus during the day and sleep at night.

I don't plan to answer the phone, except for calls from family and very close friends.

I am taking my car to the mechanic for a pre-winter check-up, but other than that, I don't plan to do any chores, either.

And I'm scheduled to get my very first tattoo on Friday. I've enlisted Janelle to accompany me, to help me not freak out and to make sure I don't chicken out.

To help keep me focused on my creative pursuits, I intend to update this blog with each day's accomplishments.

Stay tuned ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Heto said...

Congratulations, dude! You totally deserve this break!

And in response to your comment: yes, it was totally worth it. I am so going to try to go to Lumos in July. Don't worry if you won't know anyone, because it is SO EASY to make friends, plus, you can talk about HP and not worry that your conversational partner will look at you funny!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home