Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Monday, August 29, 2005

Endorphins

Today was a good day. I took half of a comp day and ate breakfast with my mom and uncle in Milwaukee before driving in for a half-day of work. When I checked my email I had a note from Nasubionna letting me know my commission is almost done and I should send her my final check. She said the piece she's done for me will be hard to part with — I'm so excited to finally see it.

I asked Nasubionna to do a Remus and Tonks piece well before Half-Blood Prince was out, and now I'm even more excited about it.

I think everyone should have the experience of commissioning art. I've paid a decent but reasonable price for something I've described but have never seen. I might get it and love it. I might get it and hate it (highly unlikely). But someone made it because I asked them to.

My car started making squeaky (not brake-squeaky, but plastic-squeaky) noises when I drove home from work. Kind of sounds like a bad rear joint or strut. Maybe a locked-up caliper, even. It's not horrible, so maybe I'll just call to make an appointment to have it checked out.

Feeling pretty bummed about the prospect of more car repairs, I came home, talked to Kathy a bit and then read some fan-fic. Which did nothing to cheer me up.

So I threw on my gym clothes and did 35 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Why is it so hard to be motivated to go to the gym when I feel so good afterward?

Then it was off to Jamba Juice for dinner (wasn't feeling very hungry). Now I'm off to take a Juniper-Wintergreen bath and go to bed.

Sorry. Rambling.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

It's OK, rambling is fun. :-) Will you show us the piece once you've received it?

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh, I guess I wasn't very fun to talk to. :( Probably because I was rambling on and on as well about you know who.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Kathy, I meant the FAN-FIC didn't cheer me up. Geez. And hey! I didn't know you were talking about Voldemort that whole time.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ah, him, I wonder what Kathy's Voldemort is like? (Says the friend who is horrible at picking up the phone to call)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

oops, I means "Ah, hmm" not "Ah, him" although, maybe it bring additional meaning...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Jess, I *hope* Nasubionna posts it on her site, because I want her to get the credit for her awesomeness. I'll certainly provide a link when she does.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Amused, you *may* be onto something. Though I doubt you met this particular *him* in question, you may know *of* him.

*obsessed with asterisks as indicators of emphasis*

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home