Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

117.75 hours

That's the grand total of the extra time I've put in at work in the last few months as we've ramped up for our site's relaunch. That's the equivalent of just under 3 working weeks, or 7 weekends.

I'm so elated that the site has launched and that we've had minimal problems with it so far.

I spent this past weekend not feeling guilty for not working. I slept in until noon on Saturday. I went a little crazy with the grocery shopping, since now I think I'll have time to make meals for myself again. My fridge is packed.

Then again, that could be the three bottles of champagne, two cartons of orange juice and one bottle of mango nectar for the post-launch toast tomorrow.

I made it to the gym tonight for the first time in two months. It felt good. I 20 minutes of weights and 35 minutes on the elliptical trainer.

To echo a friend: Is this what it's like to have a life?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

You're awesome! Way to finish your project! You rock. Welcome back to the world :-)

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i've got a guy i want you to meet. he's 25, cute, and really sweet. this'll be great, trust me.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Jessica, Thanks for the affirmation. Em, I trust your judgment. I'm pretty happy being single right now, but I'll never pass up the opportunity to meet someone cool.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Heto said...

So, clearly I thought I already commented on this entry, but apparently I didn't.

Congratulations! Welcome back to the land of the living! (Not that you were dead, but yeah... heehee)

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home