Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mini-sabbatical day five: All roads lead to Radiohead

The revamped Web site is (finally) posted. For those of you who are not stalkers, you may type www.firstlast.com where first stands for my real first name and last stands for my real last name.

If you are a stalker, email me at the address in my profile and I'll consider sending you the address.

Any praise or criticism is welcome!

Had a great workout at the gym today — nearly two hours. I even did crunches — sixty of them (I abhor crunches).

I'm finally getting in shape. I have bony elbows again, thin wrists and my cheekbones and jawbone are emerging. It's enough to keep me motivated.

I need to go to bed on time tonight. Tomorrow's tattoo day (1 p.m.), and I'm supposed to be well-rested for the procedure. I'm meeting Janelle for lunch beforehand.

Oh, yeah. Radiohead.

A couple months ago I bought my first Radiohead album.

I'm a bit behind the times, I know, but I should get points for listening to them on The WARP, a true underground radio station, in high school. (It had no live employees, just rotated discs with pre-programmed intros and outros.)

Back when "alternative" music was.

Fast forward ten years. Driving around with Chuck Norris, and he's got Radiohead in the car. I'm duly impressed, and I think he gives me some sort of lecture about him not being that old. (He was.) It was a good memory, nonetheless, driving off into the snowy darkness together.

And now, less than a month until Goblet of Fire appears in theaters, they've released one of the new Weird Sisters songs. (Jonny Greenwood, Phil Selway and Jarvis Cocker will be performing as the Weird Sisters, though none of them seems particularly hairy enough.) The song is perfect, at least in my imagination.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

The web site is great! High quality I'd say. And, I'm thinking that right about now you're beginning to see a tattoo take shape - or set in? or what would be the right phrase? Anyway - I'm thinking of you...hope it is going well.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home