Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Okay … Go!
AKA: Stream-of-consciousness

Thanks to slbechtel for solving the This American Life mystery ... it seems the much sought-after song is "Invincible" by OK Go.

I shoulda remembered. OK Go is Chicago-based, have quite a history with TAL, and have also written the opening theme for Odyssey, another locally produced NPR show.

I was introduced to them through TAL and friend Benjie, who wrote this about them a couple years ago.

And while I've derided their "You're So Damn Hot" lyrics on Foster's copy of the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy soundtrack, I have to admit their music is quite catchy.

I was a little worried I'd be handing in my music-snob creds if I bought their stuff, but Benjie likes them. Benjie's a pretty good arbiter of musicianship, except for that college flirtation with Nelson. It was Nelson, right Rob? Didn't we sabotage his alarm clock to play Nelson when he woke up? (Are you even reading, Rob? Because your blog has been neglected, lately. Frankenstein, or Dracula, or whatever monster it was, is gone.)

Speaking of Benjie, who I haven't seen in a year, we're getting together for Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy next weekend. Woo hoo! I have a fellow geek to accompany me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kella said...

This geek thinks you're pretty schnazzy (not snazzy). The "sch" adds coolness. I swear.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amber, i'm disappointed in you. how could you not have loved okay go before this?! *sigh* but there's time yet i suppose to save you.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home