Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, April 16, 2005

For $26 I got …

• More excellent Thai food than I could possibly eat, including iced coffee, tom kha soup, spring rolls, tofu salad, shrimp patties, three-flavor red snapper, garlic prawns, yellow curry, spinach-noodle and pad thai.

• The chance to spend time with two new friends, one newer friend and two newest friends, one of whom is actually acquainted with the magazine for which I work.

• The undying respect of said friends for a prank in which I participated in college. (Probably the only prank I've ever been in on in my life.)

• A huge amount of peanut-butter, chocolate and peanut-butter-cup ice cream that I could barely finish.

• A newfound appreciation for freight trains.

• The very surreal experience of walking the streets of the small suburb where I live with good friends who live here as well, the type of extraordinary folks I would have never expected to discover here.

• At least three new restaurant recommendations.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Well, that was quite a bargain! Not bad at all, for $26.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Kella said...

Freight trains...Hmmm. I want to hear more about freight trains. Really, any trains.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Clare ... I don't remember that! What was the "Quote of the Day?" All I can remember is many, many photos of Yoko Ono ...

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home