Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Dessert

I taught my ESL students the "dessert has two esses because you want more dessert, not more desert" memory trick tonight.

Case in point: Mochi. I picked up some Mochi on the way to class. Because it's about twenty below zero here, I could leave it in my car while I taught.

For those of you who haven't tried this culinary delicacy, I can only say: "Get thee to your local Trader Joe's or Japanese market. Get thee to the freezer section."

Mochi is ice cream, wrapped in a rice pastry and dusted with powdered sugar. It's best eaten on a plate using a fork.

It comes in the original flavors of green tea and mango, as well as chocolate and strawberry for you ice-cream traditionalists. My favorite is the green tea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kella said...

Yum. I had green tea gelato once, also a Trader Joe's special. I love gelato. Mochi sounds good too. I really love anything that's frozen with a high fat/sugar content.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home