Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Monday, February 21, 2005

Y… M… C… A
(Tonight's workout accompaniment: Dream Theater: Awake

I made it to the gym for the first time since January 12, tonight. Having been ill for most of January, and then being away for a week for the death of my grandfather, it seemed like I hadn't been to the gym in ages.

Much to my surprise I managed 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. But I'll leave the weights until tomorrow night, thank you very much.

It's funny, how giving up an hour of one's evening to exercise can make one more creative and feel like there's more hours in the day. Completely anti-intuitive, that.

I'm finally beginning to feel like my life's a little bit back to normal. Work continues to be busy, but in a good, creative way. Thank God for five-week magazine deadlines, every once in awhile. And I even made it to Lenten services last week, and plan to do so again.

I've actually even had a few hours to work on Chapter Two of my derivative fiction. I'm doing a final edit tonight and should be able to get it off to my beta before bedtime. Horray!

Next weekend, Beatrice is coming to Milwaukee with me. We're going out for fish fry Friday night (though I don't think she likes fish) and we're making cookies with Grandma on Saturday. She said she's going to sleep in the car. I think her normal bedtime is 9:00.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's all the Dream Theater related posts of late? First the thighs, now you're breaking out Awake! It's craaaaazy!

See you at the halloween party in DC!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Abba said...

Ha ha ha. Dream Theater is just about the only thing I listen to at the gym, having settled on milder music for home and driving. (Though I still prefer it for designing, too.) I'd forgotten about the thighs thing, until my friend Liz at work reminded me I'd said it.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home