Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Monday, September 27, 2004

On this my 10,219th day

(Tonight's workout accompaniment: Over The Rhine: Eve)

Like Rob, I've come to the stage where birthdays are not what they used to be. No big parties, no big deal. More of a chance to reflect.

At 3:00 a.m. on New Year's Day, I met a prophet in an elevator. I said I hoped this year would be better than last. He said: "It will, if you stay good."

Well, sir, I've done my best. And this year has had its ups and downs. So I'm starting my New Year tomorrow.

I wanted to get a tattoo tomorrow night, but I'm waiting until the muscles in my upper arm are a little more well-defined. Perhaps I'll be ready on my half-birthday.

So I'll settle with enumerating what I've learned this year:


• I'm damn sexy, all the time.
• Working out feels good.
• People change.
• My intuition is always right.
• I prefer brilliant colors in art, shades of gray in life.
• Love is all around us.
• (And I don't mean romantic love.)
• Creativity is not something to be fit into a schedule.
• People pay attention to me for more than which I give them credit.
• Ask, and it shall be given unto you.
• (But you may not recognize it when you get it. In fact, you may not even appreciate it. It may make you mad as hell.)
• My list of lifelong dreams needs updating.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home