Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Fever

The sexiest song ever is Karin Bergquist singing Peggy Lee's Fever.

Brad and Janelle and I went out to dinner and to see Over the Rhine tonight. (Liz joined us for the concert.) I've been in a funk for the whole week, but the good music just seeped into my soul and healed me.

One of the things I learned at the Parliament of World's Religions this summer is that Westerners are cursed with a linear understanding of the nature of time, rather than a circular or spiral model.

My recent past has been an exhausting depressive episode. My most recent temporal touchstones have been disappointments.

Tonight, I feel a new point of reference: of love, of passion, of creativity. Of overcoming obstacles.

Karin sang: "I'm looking forward to looking back on this day."

Tonight I crossed over into looking back on my disappointments, rather than living in them.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home