Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I think I'm in love (aka: "The Fit is Go!"*)

I have a 13-year-old car, affectionately named Phyl.

It's a wonderful car with 142,000 miles, and I never want to give it up. It fits into the tiniest Chicagoland parallel parking spots, and it gets between 31-39 miles to the gallon.

Unfortunately, it's starting to need more and more repairs as it ages.

So I've been beginning to think seriously about a new car. I'd thought about another Civic, but they've gone more-and-more upmarket, and they've become larger and larger over the past few years. I don't want a big car.

It was if Honda read my mind: at the Detroit Auto Show it revealed plans for a new compact car: the Fit. It even comes with a crazy-cool Space Invaders promotional Web site.

At least now I know for what I'm saving up my down-payment.

* Anyone want to tell me what "The Fit is Go!" means?

2 Comments:

Blogger BriGuy said...

That's pretty cool. And I'm a big fan of the Space Invaders theme they've got going on, too.

But "The Fit is go" makes no sense. I wonder if something got lost in translation?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Have you seen the Toyota Yaris?

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home