Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Greetings from far, far away

At the end of a long day, coming home at 10 p.m., I pop open my mailbox-which-never-locks to discover my electricity bill ($19.26), an advertisement for free checking and a crisp envelope from a friend.

There's an Agnes de Mille stamp on the front, a quote on the back about love and bread and language (from Carlos Fuentes), and a "Spain" sticker circa 1981. I love the Spain sticker. It reminded me that I'll be in Barcelona exactly a month from today.

It's been on my table for forty-five minutes. I'm dying to open it, but don't want to spoil the anticipation.

I'm going to pour a drink first, settle onto the couch, and see what brilliant words wait inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home