Ligature

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

Saturday, February 14, 2004

All of the circles of which I've been a part have always taken the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator quite seriously. My high school church group (okay, forever ago), the res hall staff at the university I attended and now at my current job (with a religious publication), where we're encouraged to post our type placards for our co-workers to see.

Seems like most of my friends can tell you their "type." Me, I'm an INFJ, the type that takes things like personality assessments seriously. I've always found my friends' profiles uncannily accurate. What's the deal with that? Is it simply the power of suggestion, like noticing Libras are all fair and balanced? Or is there something legitimate to these sixteen personality categories that don't attempt to define "nature" or "nurture" but can still predict the way someone will most likely act in a given situation?

Let's see if this commenting system works. Let's try a poll:

Meyers-Briggs ... legit or bunk? And why ... ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home